40 hour intensive course B1
- Course aimed at quickly improving your English level.
- Understand and speak English with relative confidence.
- Improve your grammar knowledge and increase fluency.
- Expand your vocabulary.
Intensivo 40 horas A1
Teacher’s manuals and other complementary course work.
Virtual / Face-to-face.
An ENGLISHJET Diploma is given at the end of the course for attendance and progress.
An evaluation questionnaire will be distributed at the end of the course to collect the opinion and suggestions of all the participants.
- The use of modal verbs of obligation: “must”, “have to”, “should”.
- Review of past perfect simple.
- The use of defining and non-defining relative clauses.
- Review of indirect questions.
- The use of the passive voice.
- The use of comparatives and superlatives.
- The use of narrative tenses: past simple, past continuous, past perfect.
- The use of modal verbs of reduction: might/could, must/can’t.
- The use of reported speech.
- The use of the third conditional.
- Asking for and giving directions.
- Making plans, example: Would you like to…? Do you want to…?
- Making suggestions.
- Arranging appointments.
- Making complaints.
Listening comprehension skills
- Understanding explanations of everyday events.
- Understanding conversations in social settings.
- Understanding explanations given by others, e.g. after a vacation.
- Understanding directions on how to get somewhere.
Reading comprehension skills
- Understanding the main ideas of articles written about everyday topics.
- Obtaining specific information from a written text.
- Giving general instructions: ordering in a restaurant.
- Following the main idea in short messages, for example, notes from a meeting.
- Responding to short text with a well-formulated opinion.
- Taking a phone message.
- Understanding and writing simple instructions.
- Writing and answering emails.
- Maximum number of students: 5 people
- Maximum number of students: 5 people
Will I see a clear improvement after completing the course?
Upon completion of the intensive B1 – which is an intermediate level – you will notice that your level is stronger and more solidified. You will be able to express yourself more clearly and precisely, and you will speak more fluently and confidently. You will be able to participate with more confidence and ease in social situations. Your knowledge and use of grammatical structures will improve significantly.
Is there any kind of recognition at the end of the course?
ENGLISHJET gives a Diploma that certifies the completion of the course, but it is not an official diploma.
How do I know if I have the right level to take the course?
All participants have to take a level test before starting the course. This can be done by telephone or online.
What is the maximum number of participants?
There is a maximum of 5 people.
What people are saying about us
I took a virtual course on job preparation with Emma. She helped me to talk about my skills and professional experience, and she gave me ideas about how to answer questions that I might hear in an interview. On the day if the interview, I felt calm and confident. I got the job! Then I decided to continue with my English classes. Thank you so much for all your help!
Have been having business English classes with Margit, for the past three years. Her classes are interesting and lots of fun. We laugh a lot in class, and I have learnt so much new vocabulary and grammar. We always deal with subjects and topics that are very useful for my job. I am really happy with my classes and plan to continue studying next year.
When I got a job in a British company, I was really nervous. I decided to take some English classes so that I would feel more confident and also to improve my fluency. My teacher, James, was very patient. He helped me to write better emails, he taught me lots of vocabulary relevant to my sector, and he helped me to prepare presentations for video conferencing. After one year, I find it much easier to write complex emails and I have much better working conversations with my international colleagues.
C/ Gran Vía, 17-A, 28013 Madrid
Lunes a viernes: 9am – 7pm
At your service
For any doubts, questions or explanations you may need, Englishjet is more than happy to help. All you need to do is send an email to the address below and we will be in touch.