The student can collaborate with a native speaker on a project. They can understand native speakers with some difficulty and can miss some idioms or nuances. They are mostly able to follow a conversation both in person and on the phone, even with complex constructions and long descriptions.
English B1 Course Goals
To be able to understand specialized or technical material along with understanding short reports and newspaper articles.
- Verb tense review.
- Formation of the Present Perfect to talk about live experiences.
- Use of the Future Simple to make decisions.
- Use of the Future Simple to make predictions.
- Changing sentences from the Active to Passive voice.
- Using the Imperative to give instructions and advice.
- The use of modal verbs for obligations or needs.
- Adverbs of time.
- Formation and use of adverbs.
- Irregular adjectives when forming comparatives and superlatives.
- The use of “too” and “enough”.
- The conditional: “if” and “when”.
- Knowing how to give a job description.
- Being able to talk about work and academic background.
- Talking about routines and habits.
- Being able to talk about future intentions.
- Making simple requests over the phone.
Listening Comprehension Skills
- Understanding explanations of daily events.
- Understanding conversations in social settings.
- Understanding explanations given by others, e.g. after a vacation.
- Understanding telephone conversations.
- Understanding instructions on how to get somewhere or how to do a job.
- Capturing the main ideas of texts dealing with everyday life (newspapers, social media, etc.), as well as all types of written documents regarding non-specialized content.
- Obtaining specific information from a written document.
- Following instructions in a brochure: how to make a reservation.
- Following the main idea presented in short summaries related to a meeting or similar.
- Responding to short written reports and indicating an opinion.
- Making a simple report about daily work.
- Taking a phone message.
- Writing simple instructions.
- Writing a response to questions about professional matters.
Prices for online sessions
3 hours per weekQuarterly course
- 3 hours per week, two 90-minute sessions or
- 3 hours per week, three 60-minute sessions
- Max 4 people per group
2 hours per weekQuarterly course
- 2 hours per week, two 60-minute sessions
- Max 4 people per group
What will I achieve by attending a trimester course?
You can learn a lot in a trimester, including talking about your future plans, explaining what you would like to do or achieve and preparing for a job interview in your area of expertise. You’ll be able to talk about movies and TV shows, plus order food from a restaurant and have an informal conversation. You’ll also be able to distinguish between formal and informal language
How many quarterly courses would I need to take to move up a level?
It depends on several factors, including the intensity with which you study. There is a general rule that it takes about 200 hours to move from B1 to B2.
Do I have to take a placement test?
Each participant needs to take an oral placement test before starting the course. This can be done by telephone or virtually.
What people are saying about us
I took a virtual course on job preparation with Emma. She helped me to talk about my skills and professional experience, and she gave me ideas about how to answer questions that I might hear in an interview. On the day if the interview, I felt calm and confident. I got the job! Then I decided to continue with my English classes. Thank you so much for all your help!
Have been having business English classes with Margit, for the past three years. Her classes are interesting and lots of fun. We laugh a lot in class, and I have learnt so much new vocabulary and grammar. We always deal with subjects and topics that are very useful for my job. I am really happy with my classes and plan to continue studying next year.
When I got a job in a British company, I was really nervous. I decided to take some English classes so that I would feel more confident and also to improve my fluency. My teacher, James, was very patient. He helped me to write better emails, he taught me lots of vocabulary relevant to my sector, and he helped me to prepare presentations for video conferencing. After one year, I find it much easier to write complex emails and I have much better working conversations with my international colleagues.
C/ Gran Vía, 17-A, 28013 Madrid
Lunes a viernes: 9am – 7pm
At your service
For any doubts, questions or explanations you may need, Englishjet is more than happy to help. All you need to do is send an email to the address below and we will be in touch.